Mediabox CK is a multimedia WordPress lightbox which can be used to show images, videos, flash animations, medias from Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Daylymotion or some PHP pages in a responsive popup. You can add some title and description, and create some albums.
Mediabox CK is a responsive Lightbox that can show any media like your images, videos from your server or from the social network like youtube or else, or any other url or html content.
- Can show any media : images, videos, html
- Responsive behavior : resize the media according the screen size
- Responsive layout : full screen image and bigger buttons to use with your finger
- Designed to work with touch device : swipe to navigate, tap to zoom on the image, use the finder to pan the zoomed image
- Mobile detection based on resolution or device type
- Group your medias into albums to navigate through them
- Can replace any existing Lightbox : you can select which selector to use for your links
Demo of Mediabox CK
Simple text link
Click the text to show the image
Image with title (you can add some html in the title)
How to use Mediabox CK
Using HTML code – Basic method
Mediabox CK will search for all links that have the attribute rel=”lightbox” (you can change the attribute name and type in the plugin options). To use the lightbox on your link you must add it the attribute like this :
<a href="/mypage.html" rel="lightbox">Link title</a>
The href can point to a link, to an image, a video or anything else.
Group your medias in an album
To create an album or add some special parameters, you shall edit the html code and add yourself the rel attribute on the link with the tag <a>. Example : rel=”lightbox[albumname]”
<a href="/mypage.html" rel="lightbox[myalbum]">Link title</a>
Give specific dimensions to a media
You can also want to override the general settings of the plugin and ask it to open the media with a specific width and height. You can set them in the rel attribute. Example : rel=”lightbox[width height]”
<a href="/mypage.html" rel="lightbox[640 480]">Link title</a>
And combined dimensions with an album :
<a href="/mypage.html" rel="lightbox[myalbum 640 480]">Link title</a>
Mobile options for Mediabox CK
Mediabox CK has beed designed to be a responsive Lightbox with support on Touch devices.
Edit the plugin options to set the way the plugin will detect the responsive mode :
- Detection based on resolution : give the resolution in px under which the Lightbox will turn into the mobile layout
- Detection based on the device type : mobile and tablet, or mobile only
You can also choose to deactivate the mobile behavior if you don’t want to use it.
Responsive layout designed for mobile
When the Mediabox detects that it must behave for mobile, it changes the layout to have the image in full screen with big buttons at the bottom. The buttons are big enough so that you can click on them with your finger.
Preview of the Mediabox CK in desktop mode
Preview of the Mediabox CK in mobile mode
Touch behavior to be used on mobile or tablet
When you are using the Mediabox CK on a touch device, you can use your finger to control and navigate.
- Swipe left of right to navigate into an album
- Touch / Tap the image to zoom it and unzoom
- Once zoomed, use your finger to move the image to see the details
Swipe left or right to navigate
Touch / Tap the image to zoom and unzoom
Use your finger to move the zoomed image
Can show any media : images, videos, html
Responsive behavior : resize the media according the screen size
Responsive layout : full screen image and bigger buttons to use with your finger
Designed to work with touch device : swipe to navigate, tap to zoom on the image, use the finder to pan the zoomed image
Mobile detection based on resolution or device type
Group your medias into albums to navigate through them
Can replace any existing Lightbox : you can select which selector to use for your links
Use on multiple domains
1 Year updates